The University of San Diego's Center for Cyber Security Engineering and Technology will host the second annual Cyber Law, Risk and Policy Symposium, a one-day event exploring the intersection between cyber and law. Attendees will discuss the future of cyber law, network with peers and develop the skill set essential for a hybrid cyber professional.
Jonathan Fairtlough, Managing Director, and Keith Wojcieszek, Associate Managing Director, in the Cyber Risk practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, will participate in panel discussions on calculating and managing cyber security risk, along with best practices for mitigating risk on a globe scale.
Panel 1: Cyber Gone Global
Schedule: 10:20 a.m. – 11:10 a.m. (PDT)
This panel will discuss the current cyber-threat landscape and the international cyber security regulatory environment, highlighting best practices for companies to prepare for cyber incidents on a global scale.
- Laura Jehl, Partner, BakerHostetler
- Jonathan Fairtlough, Managing Director, Cyber Risk, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps
- Jennifer Martin, Global Cybersecurity Counsel, Verizon
- Doron Rotman, Managing Director, KPMG
Panel 2: Calculating Cyber Risk and Insurance Perspectives
Schedule: 11:15 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. (PDT)
In a world with limited resources and unlimited threats, this panel will address how companies need to calculate and manage cyber risk from different perspectives – in-house counsel, CISO, outside counsel, and insurance carriers to craft a more robust response.
- Chris Reese, Senior Vice President, Lockton Companies
- Pasha Sternberg, Associate in Tech Transactions & Data Privacy
- Patrick Phelan, CISO Of UCSF Medical Center
- Keith Wojcieszek, Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps