Robert Peters, national practice leader for Duff & Phelps’ Unclaimed Property and Tax Risk Advisory practice, is proud to speak at the American Conference Institute (ACI)’s Legal Forum on Cryptocurrency, which will be held September 19 in New York City.
This one-day seminar will explore the legal, compliance, technical, operational and business hurdles arising from the blockchain and cryptocurrency. ACI’s Legal Forum on Cryptocurrency features key insights and practical updates on the complex minefield of the regulatory and enforcement developments and how to minimize compliance risks.
Learn more about the forum.
Managing Director Robert Peters in Duff & Phelps’ Unclaimed Property practice will present on the session titled, “The Rapidly Changing and Quickly Emerging Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Industry: Understanding Why Cryptocurrency Needs Lawyers, Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Guidance” at 8:30 a.m.
Panel topics include:
- What is Cryptocurrency?
- Differences in definition and usage of virtual, digital, cryptocurrencies, Security Token Offerings (STOs), stable coins, nonfundable tokens, utility tokens, Art tokens and Insurance tokens
- Benefits and challenges of incorporating new technology into old infrastructure
- Store of value: How to achieve it
- International developments in cryptocurrencies
- How are a growing number of organizations, both financial and nonfinancial using the cryptosphere to build platforms and support this effort?
- Highlighting trends and developments/risks and opportunities: What are its potential applications of this technology and the emerging areas where we may see legal implications?
- What are its disruptive components that define its controversy?
As a premier speaker, Duff & Phelps is pleased to offer 10% off registration with code S10-893-893L20.S.