Breach response experts from Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, join crisis communications experts from Infinite Global to outline key steps and must-have deliverables that help minimize reputational risk during an incident.
Watch the On-demand Webinar Now.
Schedule: 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. (EST)
A mature security program must be structured based on a defensible strategy, and a clear communications plan that takes into consideration affected and interested parties is a major aspect of it.
This 30-min webinar will cover:
- Considerations for developing a plan before an incident and why
- Why a communications team should fully be part of your Incident Response Plan (and common missteps when organizations try to skirt it)
- A detailed outline of key responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Determining affected and interested parties
- Assessment of known vs. unknown information based on initial forensics investigation
- Working with Counsel to draft notification letters
- Determining best methods/channels to provide status updates
- Anticipating the next phase of the news cycle and audience questions, including “worst case scenarios”
- Control the pace in which media is responded to, to ensure accuracy
- Some of the fundamental deliverables for breach response communications:
- Notification letters
- Holding statements
- FAQs for call center staff, website, employees, and media
- Media list
- Brian Lapidus, Global Practice Leader, Identity Theft and Breach Response, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps
- Kelsey Eidbo, Client Supervisor, Infinite Global
- Zach Olsen, President, Infinite Global