The transactional value of GP-led secondary transactions increased from $8 billion in 2015 to $24 billion in 2018, and this growth shows little sign of slowing down. This remarkable increase in GP-led secondary transaction volume underscores the urgent need for clear communication and understanding between general partners (GPs), limited partners (LPs) and their consultants.
Every situation is unique, and LPs and GPs often experience, in turns, frustration and satisfaction as they attempt to navigate the idiosyncrasies of GP-led secondary transactions. In response to member concerns, the Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA) recently published guidelines for industry best practices in these transactions.
Please join our distinguished group of panelists from ILPA, Teacher Retirement System of Texas, DWS, Duff & Phelps and Dentons for a robust discussion on how best practices can improve clarity and lead to more successful outcomes in GP-led secondary transactions.
Topics will include:
GP perspectives – Transaction timing, causes and structures
- LPAC concerns – Role of the LPAC and timing of engagement
- Timing and transparency – How disclosure and earlier communications impact the success of transactions
- Stakeholder concerns – Mitigating conflicts of interest and managing expectations
- Advisor contributions – The roles of consultants and law firms
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Panel discussion
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Networking (Drinks will be served.)
All the timings are in GMT.