In partnership with the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (IAHA), Kenya Faulkner, Managing Director, Business Intelligence and Investigations, Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and NYC Department of Social Services' James G. Sheehan will present an informative session "Managing the “Independents”: Legal Ethics and Tips for In-House Counsel" during the 2018 AHLA In-House Counsel Program & Annual Meeting on June 24, 2018 from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Register now for AHLA's Annual Meeting
- Health care organizations (and other business and charitable entities) must deal with professionals and special engagements who have an “independent” role. This session will address:
- How in-house interact with and oversee these independents
- Professional rules issues on interaction with independents-conflicts, privilege, work product, disclosure
- How to document and project manage an independent engagement
- Reporting by independents to C-suite and governing body-when and how
- How “independent” reports and conclusions can or will be used