In advance of its effective date, the US Capital Chapter is holding a second lunch time event in a series on the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network's Final Rule regarding customer due diligence. With implementation required by May 11, 2018, covered financial institutions must ensure their due diligence programs are in line with FinCEN’s guidance on core elements of a customer due diligence program. So how can organizations insure they are prepared in the near-term as well as long-run? Additionally, regulatory and reputational risks are driving a greater focus on determining ownership, how should non-covered institutions approach UBO?
Register for the D.C. Area Compliance Officers & ACAMS US Capital Chapter May Meeting.
We invite you to join an interactive and informative session led by John Arvanitis, Associate Managing Director, Kroll, which will cover:
- As organizations work toward restructuring or enhancing their customer due diligence or CCD program ahead of the FinCEN deadline, certain short-term goals are necessary for immediate compliance.
- Looking ahead, organizations should also consider long-term strategies for intrinsic, sustainable program compliance.
- Many organizations report low confidence in their ability to address ownership risks despite increased focus and controls. What are steps you can take to close this perceived gap?
This event is worth 2 CAMS credits.
- Registration: 11:30 a.m. (EST)
- Program: 12 noon – 1:30p.m. (EST)
Accessible via Metro (Orange/Silver line) at Ballston Station
Public parking garage available at the Ballston Common Mall (attached to our office building)
Free for chapter members | $25.00 for non-chapter members
*You must RSVP to attend this event. Please RSVP by May 3, 2018.
June 3-4, 2019 Chicago
April 24-25, 2019 Washington, DC