Managing Director Amine Antari will be speaking at the ACAMS 9th Annual AML & Financial Crime Conference. Amine will take part in the panel ‘Building Effective STR Systems: Crafting Policies and Procedures to Guide Suspicious Activity Training, Investigation and Filing Decisions’.
- Start Date: November 11, 2018 8:00 AM
- End Date: November 12, 2018 4:10 PM
Register for the event
Topics will include:
- Establishing policies to define suspicious transactions based on the “appropriate and reasonable” test, KYC intelligence and atypical transaction activity
- Creating, monitoring and profiling systems to update client data on an ongoing basis, generate alerts as warranted and establish protocols for escalating reviews
- Conducting role-specific STR training for staff and senior managers to foster a culture of compliance
- Standardizing investigative and STR filing decision protocols
- Utilizing investigative findings such as who, what, when, where and how to draft clear, chronological, concise and comprehensive STR narratives
About the event
This year’s conference in Dubai explores realities and new forms of financial crime, while embracing a forward way of thinking about compliance changes and how to adapt to them. The conference will cover the global and regional changes affecting MENA institutions, new forms of financial crime, ways to manage compliance and sanctions, GDPR challenges, and more.