Categories of Personal Information We Collect
The specific personal information that we collect, use, and disclose relating to a California resident covered by the CCPA and CPRA will vary based on our relationship or interaction with that individual.
In the past 12 months, we have collected, used and disclosed for business purposes, the following categories of personal information relating to California residents covered by this policy:
|Category||Examples May Include|
|Identifiers||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online
identifier, internet protocol address (IP Address), email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
|Personal Information categories described in California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet/network activity||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement|
|Geolocation data||Physical location.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student financial information|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.|
Sources of Personal Information We Collect
- Information directly from you, the consumer, that you choose to provide, when you interact with us, for example, when you communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise, register for an event, subscribe to marketing or other communications, or inquire about or purchase a product or service.
- Information we automatically collect when you interact with our website, content or emails such as your IP address and the pages you visited, and when you use our services, we may collect information on how you use those services. Please see our Website Use and Cookies Policy for additional information.
- Information provided by our clients in order for us to provide specific services as a service provider, or information from third parties, acquired at the direction of our clients in order to provide the services.
- Information from other sources, including service providers or publicly available sources.
We collect personal information to offer and administer our services and products. These include valuation, corporate finance advisory, governance, risk, investigations, disputes consulting and related services. We use personal information for the following business purposes:
- To provide the products or perform services for clients pursuant to a written agreement, including contacting you in the course of our ordinary commercial relationship, maintaining and servicing client accounts, verifying client information, processing payments, or similar activities as needed to provide services for or on behalf of our clients.
- To comply with our legal, risk, or compliance obligations in operating our business, for example conducting anti-money laundering/ due diligence checks on clients, vendors, third parties, or business partners.
- For marketing purposes. For example, we may use your information to further discuss your interest in the services and to send you information regarding Kroll such as information about promotions, events, products or services. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and updates at any time.
- To improve Kroll's communications with you. Emails sent to you by Kroll may include standard tracking, including open and click activities. Kroll may collect information about your activity as you interact with our email messages and related content in order to verify or maintain the quality of our communications, or improve, upgrade, or enhance the services we provide.
- For operating and improving Kroll website and web applications and your customer experience, including debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality or to verify or maintain the quality of our website, auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and to improve, upgrade or enhance the website services. For example, we may collect and analyze data on your use of our website and process it for the purpose of improving our online experience. Please see our Website Use and Cookies Policy for additional information.
- For security and integrity purposes, including securing Kroll’s network, detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- For other business purposes, which will be disclosed at the time we collect personal information.
Selling/Sharing of Personal Data
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold personal information and we have not shared personal information with a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Disclosure of Personal Data for our Business Purposes
We have disclosed personal information for business purposes in the preceding 12 months to the following categories of parties:
- Our affiliates, as needed to operate our business and provide services.
- Service providers or contractors, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform certain services on behalf of Kroll, in which case we enter a contract that describes the purpose of processing and requires the recipient to not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents request or authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Kroll will retain personal information for a reasonable period, taking into account legitimate business needs to capture and retain such information. Information will also be retained for a period necessary to comply with state, local, and federal regulations, and in accordance with Kroll’s Document Retention Schedule.
Subject to the CCPA, CPRA and other applicable laws, you have the following rights concerning your data processed by Kroll:
- Deletion: You have the right to request that Kroll erase your personal information, and Kroll will erase such information unless it is reasonably necessary for Kroll to maintain your personal data in accordance with CCPA 1798.105 (d) or 1798.145
- Correction: You have the right to request that Kroll correct inaccurate personal information, taking into account the nature and purpose of processing the information.
- Access: You have the right to request to access the personal information that Kroll holds about you, including specific pieces of personal information Kroll has collected about you.
- Non-discrimination: Kroll will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA or CPRA.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise your rights under CCPA/CPRA:
Email: [email protected]
In Writing: Kroll Compliance and Privacy Office, 167 N. Green St., Floor 12, Chicago, IL 60607