Practice hired 78 experts in 2020, surpassing 350 practitioners worldwide to address increased demand for end-to-end cyber risk management
New York – Kroll, the global leader in risk mitigation, investigations, compliance, cyber resilience, security and incident response solutions, today announced the hiring of three seasoned cyber experts in North America and two incident response investigators in Asia Pacific to fuel the expansion of its cyber risk management capabilities globally. Over the last year, despite the pandemic, Kroll addressed the demand for end-to-end cyber security solutions and grew its global cyber team exponentially with a total of 78 new hires with vast experience across multiple industries.
Kroll’s recent hires in North America include: John (Jack) Bennett, a managing director in the San Francisco office; Steve Bergman, a managing director in the Washington D.C. office; and John deCraen, an associate managing director in the Dallas office.
- Bennett joins Kroll after leading the FBI Los Angeles Field Division, the third largest FBI field division, having led a variety of complex investigations throughout his exceptional career. His career accolades span investigative and intelligence support to all Southeast Asia and Oceania Region Legal Attaché offices, deployment of the FBI’s crisis management protocols and capabilities for northern California, policy development for the FBI’s Insider Threat and Damage Assessment programs and responsibility for the Cyber Branch in the San Francisco Division, where he was embedded with EUROPOL’s European Cyber Crime Center. Read more about Bennett’s background.
- Bergman is a recognized technology leader and change agent known for innovative business approaches, responsive cyber strategies and fostering impactful partnerships. He joins Kroll from RSA, where he led the firm’s Global Services Advisory as they engaged with RSA's largest and most strategic customers in business risk mitigation and cyber security strategies. He is the recipient of the CIO 100 Award for Innovation and Growth for his contribution in leading high-impact teams solving complex enterprise challenges and was previously solicited by the White House to lead the Ready.gov initiative for its high-profile citizen preparedness campaign immediately following the attacks of 9/11. Read more about Bergman’s background.
- deCraen joins Kroll after working with Alvarez & Marsal, where he was the original member of the Forensic Technology Services practice and founding member of Global Cyber Risk Services practice. deCraen brings extensive digital forensics and incident response experience with an emphasis on complex litigation support engagements, having worked with several AmLaw100 and Global Fortune 500 firms in cybercrime investigations, bankruptcies, and insider fraud. His significant achievements include representing a U.S. State Secretary of State in an exhaustive cyber security controls examination of that state’s electoral systems. Read more about deCraen’s background.
Jason Smolanoff, Senior Managing Director and Global Head of Cyber Risk, said, “We’re delighted to welcome Jack, Steve and John at a pivotal time when our clients are facing threats in higher volume and sophistication, demanding experienced leadership to navigate complex regulatory, reputational and financial issues. Their unrivaled expertise elevates the level of guidance we can provide to clients and strengthen our rapidly growing team”.
In addition to these senior hires in North America, Kroll has added several new members in its Cyber Risk practice in other regions.
- Karthik Ramanathan joins as senior vice president to lead and advance Kroll’s digital forensics and incident response team in Australia.
- Jay Gomez joins as a senior vice president to help grow the firm’s cyber advisory services in Southeast Asia.
- Mario Ciccarelli and Simone Marinari strengthen Kroll’s incident response and litigation support services in Italy.
- Cristhian Parrot expand the firm’s system assessments and testing solutions in France.
Kroll is the world’s premier provider of services and digital products related to governance, risk and transparency. We work with clients across diverse sectors in the areas of valuation, expert services, investigations, cyber security, corporate finance, restructuring, claims administration, data analytics and regulatory compliance. Our firm has nearly 5,000 professionals in 30 countries and territories around the world. For more information, visit www.kroll.com.
M&A advisory, capital raising and secondary market advisory services in the United States are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC. Pagemill Partners is a Division of Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC. M&A advisory, capital raising and secondary market advisory services in the United Kingdom are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities Ltd. (DPSL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Valuation Advisory Services in India are provided by Duff & Phelps India Private Limited under a category 1 merchant banker license issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
Global, end-to-end cyber risk solutions.
Virtual CISO (vCISO) Advisory Services
Services to help teams safeguard information assets while supporting business operations.
24x7 Incident Response
Compliant notifications, reputation-saving remediation, and litigation support.
Cybersecurity Due Diligence for M&A
Cyber due diligence helps identify and assess the risks an acquisition would represent.
Data Recovery and Forensic Analysis
Evidence handling with sound methodology, recovery tools and processes supported by case law.
Kroll Ranks Third Global Arbitration Review Expert Witness Power Index
Kroll Appoints Jill Weise as Firm’s First Chief Impact Officer
Majority of Companies Say ESG is Important in Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Programs, but Creates More Challenges than Benefits
Kroll Expands Cyber Risk Practice in North America With Hire of Jaycee Roth