Kroll Associates, Inc.
555 South Flower Street, Suite 610
Gregory Boles is an Associate Managing Director with Kroll’s Security Risk Management practice, based in the Los Angeles office. An expert in threat management, workplace violence, and school violence, Greg helps his clients resolve complex or sensitive challenges with innovative, multifaceted approaches that reflect his extensive law enforcement, private industry, and government/military expertise. Greg rejoined Kroll in 2014, having earlier served for six years as the firm’s Director of Global Threat Management.
Greg had joined Kroll in 2000 upon retiring from the Los Angeles Police Department, where he served for 25 years with distinction. At the time of his retirement, Greg was the Officer-in-Charge of the Threat Management Unit, the first specialized unit of its kind in the world. In this capacity, he managed and directed complex responses to serious and high-profile threat, stalking, and harassment cases involving celebrities, executives, and other public officials. Leveraging the processes honed in Los Angeles, Greg helped develop threat management units nationwide, including protocol training for staff in the Central Intelligence Agency, U.S. Capitol Police, Defense Intelligence Agency, and major metropolitan police departments.
Prior to rejoining Kroll in 2014, Greg was Director, Threat Management & Security Services for a leading consulting firm, and also spent six years as an advisor to the U.S. Department of Defense on national security, law enforcement, training, and criminal justice matters in Afghanistan.
- Greg has successfully led high-performing global threat management teams by establishing and maintaining best practices and providing leading-edge services related to corporate investigations, security, and risk mitigation, such as corruption, workplace violence, executive threat assessments, and security surveys and programs. He is an expert in executive protection having worked with high-level officials, staff, and families residing in high-risk countries, including training in counter-surveillance.
- Greg served as the primary security consultant for a major statewide university system. He developed systems and protocols for assessing and managing all types of threats, including those posed by radicalized groups.
Education and Certifications
- A.A., Police Science, Fullerton College
- University of Southern California, Delinquency Control Institute (DCI)
- Top Secret (SCI) Security Clearance, Department of Defense
- The American Board for Certification in Homeland Security Level III (CHS-III)
- Counter Suicide Bomber Course, ATF
- Formal School Instructor’s Course (FSIC), U.S. Marine Corps
- California State University, Trauma Response Specialist Certificate
- California State Police, Dignitary Protection School
Affiliations and Memberships
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP), Active Member, Past National President, 2001-2005
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), Active Member
- FBI InfraGard, Active Member
- “Stalking Crimes and Victim Protection: Prevention, Intervention, Threat Assessment and Case Management”, contributing author, Joseph Davis, San Diego State University, California, USA. CRC Press.
Selected Media Appearances and Speaking Engagements
- Acted as corporate/agency spokesperson on issues of stalking, workplace violence, and school violence with local and national media programs and outlets such as Good Morning America, 60 Minutes, ABC Nightly News, A&E, and CNN, as well as Businessweek, People, and Esquire magazines. Has also appeared in several documentaries produced by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).