Our trainings can encompass broad points of view to narrow solution-oriented presentations to meet the challenges of specific business units. We work with institution to understand their needs and what training they need, then customize presentations around the staff, facility and risk. Our work is tailored directly to each client for those purposes.
Kroll’s global presence and roster of in-house subject matter experts from law enforcement and corporate security, prosecutors, and including graduate school faculty, allow us to work effectively in any market. Our regional offices can also support local or transnational needs to understand, accommodate and integrate cultural nuances related to sites in different locations. It’s our goal to help our clients reduce risk through effective security training. Some of the areas of concentration is as follows:
Travel Security Training
Kroll’s training programs will educate your organization to protect professionals traveling the globe and detect the warning signs of an incident before it occurs from a rich understanding of the information that is accessible in each country, its relative accuracy and reliability, and the frequently delicate balance between politics and business.
We can provide scalable travel security training sessions for as many as 30 people or for a small team of senior executives in any location. We can deliver the course in any office environment, in most countries and in most languages utilizing the following assets:
- Extensive presentations to your security professionals, which can be shared and passed on through your organization
- Open discussion with the employees responsible for travel security implementation and monitoring
- Easy to implement introduction to company travel policy and procedures
- Table-top and scenario-based learning to build the confidence of your team
Workplace Violence Training
Kroll can provide workplace violence prevention training online or in person for employees, which can easily be tailored to your organization. We offer the background on how to understand the spectrum of incidents that could progress in an occurrence. If it’s an internal person, we offer signals to recognize and respond to an active shooter in the workplace.
A second layer of training for frontline supervisors and managers is available to make sure your teams are secure and can recognize and report early warning signs of violence throughout your business structure. Additionally, a third layer of training involves comprehensive multi-disciplinary threat assessment team training designed to fit various settings:
- Retail locations, shopping malls and stores
- High-rise, commercial facilities and offices
- Corporate and academic campuses
- Manufacturing factories and facilities
A critical component of Workplace Violence training is awareness of active shooter dynamics. Kroll guides organizations through the development of appropriate response protocols and strategies. Our team of law enforcement and security professionals conduct training for active shooter awareness and responses, including pre-incident indicators and warnings signs, prevention, preparedness and response.
Crisis Management Training
Whether it’s physical, operational or reputational risk, businesses must adapt and remain resilient throughout disruptive changes on any scale. Kroll assists with the preparation of a crisis management plan through practical, tailor-made training and exercises designed to highlight areas of difficulty in the team or its plans as well as personal and team-focused skills for those responsible for crisis management. The training and exercises ensure that when under the pressure of a real crisis, the team can be as effective and successful as possible.
Crisis management training and exercises can include:
- Review and discussion of crisis and incident plans, responsibilities, and channels of communication
- Scenario exercises to build crisis decision-making capabilities
- Training in crisis communication and live exercises with experienced journalists to build crisis communication skills
- Table-top and semi-live exercises to test and build a crisis team’s preparedness
- Feedback and recommendations regarding the organization’s crisis management plans, structure and teams
General Security and Safety Training
Kroll provides training to new and existing security leaders that is tailored to their expertise, threats and risks their organization or facility faces and to the particular needs and circumstances of the organization. The training is typically preceded by a review of the operation in question, an analysis of organizational threats and interviews with security professionals and operational management the organization is to protect.
Based on this review and analysis, Kroll’s security manager training can include the following components:
- Basic threat and risk analysis
- Basic risk management and mitigation strategies
- Preparation and implementation of security plans
- Basics of security methodologies (concentric layers of protection, use of personnel, processes and technology, information security) and references for further study
- Specific skills necessary to the particular situation of the trainees. This may include:
- Basics of procurement and contracting of services
- Incident response and crisis management
- Communication skills
- Defensive driving
- Hostile environment training
- Selection, training and supervision of security personnel
- Methods of security intelligence gathering and preparation
- Interaction with local authorities
- Governance issues, such as the organization’s code of conduct, local regulation, international principles.
- Detecting hostile or suspicious activity in the workplace
- Implementation and training of EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
- OSHA required safety and health standards training
- Chemical Biological and Radiological hazards and awareness training