Pharmaceutical Recall Notifications
APPROXIMATELY 4,500 DRUGS AND MEDICAL DEVICES ARE RECALLED EACH YEAR, ACCORDING TO THE FDA. EACH RECALL AFFECTS THOUSANDS OF INDIVIDUALS WHO NEED TO BE NOTIFIED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Kroll has provided professional notification services since 1999 and serves clients a wide range of industries, including healthcare, pharmaceutical, and retail. Our clients rely on our experience and expertise to handle large-scale recall notifications - from mail list preparation and verification to distribution and reporting. Our focus is on managing your notification process as quickly and effectively as possible to best serve your customers.
A national pharmacy chain contacted Kroll for assistance with a Class II drug recall notification. As a current client, the pharmacy knew that Kroll had the capabilities to quickly and accurately notify the nearly 500,000 customers affected by the recall.
The pharmacy provided a list of affected customers which was processed by Kroll to standardize data and eliminate problematic records. Notification letters began mailing within days.
- Proven process ensures quick turnaround so notification deadlines are met and customers are informed as soon as possible.
- Key insights into notification delivery and returned mail to assist with audit requirements.
- Data cleansing procedure that increases delivery rates.
- Eliminate duplicates to lower costs and avoid notification redundancy.
- Ability to send targeted notifications to special populations when necessary.
- Stringent data security measures to protect your customers’ information.
- Professional call center ready in 24 to 48 hours with multilingual agents trained to address your FAQs.
- Experienced, dedicated Relationship Manager serves as single point of contact throughout your notification.
STREAMLINE YOUR PROCESS
To effectively manage drug recall notifications, companies need streamlined processes and a proven infrastructure. Our experienced team provides the data cleansing, tracking, and monitoring needed to increase processing efficiencies while helping meet internal policies and compliance requirements.