Kroll (Beijing) Business Risk Management Consulting Company
Unit 805, Tower 1, China Central Place, No. 81 Jianguo Lu, Chaoyang District
Kroll Associates (Asia)
1701-02 Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road
Violet Ho is a Senior Managing Director and leads the General Investigations practice for Greater China, including Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. With over 16 years of professional experience in investigations, and an in-depth understanding of China’s business environment, Violet has successfully advised on numerous highly complex investigative projects in China and beyond.
Violet has led a wide range of risk consulting projects across Greater China, ranging from fraud prevention to investigating instances of white-collar crime and distribution scams. She also manages investigative due diligence inquiries and assignments regarding business controls, intellectual property protection, employee risks, corporate security, and crisis management.
Violet is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the world’s leading anti-fraud educator and association for anti-fraud professionals. She has published a number of articles on the topic of managing business risks in China and is frequently quoted by international and Chinese media on related issues.
- Investigative Due Diligence. Violet has managed and executed hundreds of large scale investigative due diligence assignments for international financial institutions and multinational corporations. Her experience covers a wide range of industries such as real estate, energy, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and distribution. She has accumulated extensive network of professional contacts and has been able to effectively leverage on such resources to perform discreet reputation inquiries in emerging markets.
- Internal Fraud. Violet assisted a multinational electronics manufacturer uncover complex frauds, systematically committed by its former country manager throughout his six year tenure. The quantified financial damage totaled US$15 million. Work performed by Violet and the Kroll team enabled the client to activate its existing fidelity insurance policy and provided the client with strong evidence to support its litigation efforts.
- Employee and Vendor Integrity Programs. Violet has designed and implemented comprehensive employee and vendor integrity programs for a number of Fortune 500 clients.
- Market Entry Study. Violet assisted a publicly-listed UK company with a comprehensive market entry study, competitor analysis, and regulatory environment research before it entered China.
Education, Certifications & Recognitions
- B.A. Business Management and B.A. Cultural Anthropology from Inner Mongolia University
- Diploma in Business Management from Peking University
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Chamber of Commerce in Beijing
- Beijing Capital Club
- International Professional Women’s Association, China Chapter
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiner