Kroll Associates, Inc.
600 Third Avenue, 4th Floor
Steven Rucker is an Executive Managing Director in Kroll’s New York office. With over 30 years of investigative and law enforcement experience, Steve directs major case assignments worldwide, with an emphasis on due diligence, asset search and fraud-related investigations. He also provides litigation support on cases involving product tampering, libel and slander, patent infringement, insurance and banking.
In 1998, when Kroll acquired Toronto-based Lindquist Avey, Steve introduced Kroll’s business investigation services in Canada and directed the development of the practice in that region. Prior to joining Kroll, Steve was the deputy commissioner for the New York City Department of Investigation, where he managed all department cases and investigations involving municipal corruption. Prior to his role with the city, Steve was an Assistant District Attorney for Bronx County, New York, where he was chief of the Narcotics Bureau and deputy chief for Investigations.
- Investigations. Thirteen years after the chairman of the Vatican bank, Roberto Calvi, was found hanging under a bridge in London, Steve conducted an investigation on behalf of the banker's family into the circumstances surrounding his death. The engagement developed evidence that led to the arrest of those implicated in Calvi’s murder.
- Litigation Support. Steve managed a multi-year investigation for a prominent orthodox Jewish family involved in international real estate development. A reporter working for Toronto Life magazine wrote an article questioning the source of the family’s considerable wealth and the nature of their activities during World War II when they were refugees living in Tangier, Morocco. Steve’s work supported a libel action that resulted in a front page retraction and a substantial contribution to charities of the client’s choosing.
- Intellectual Property. A major multinational consumer-goods producer sought Steve’s expertise to investigate a sudden decline in market share to a competitor. His extensive investigation uncovered a non-exclusive licensing agreement between the competitor and a lower cost production manufacturer. Steve’s assistance helped his client to license the technology and recoup lost market share.
Education, Certifications & Recognitions
- Lehigh University, B.A. High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.