Kroll Associates, Inc.
555 South Flower Street, Suite 610
Bob Huff is a Managing Director in Kroll’s Compliance practice, based in the Los Angeles office. Bob focuses on serving as a subject matter expert as well as broadening Kroll’s presence in the western United States. With a background that includes service with the Federal Bureau of Investigations as well as in private law practice, Bob has more than 25 years of business development and practitioner expertise within compliance and investigations. He returned to Kroll in 2015, following senior leadership positions with Navigant and Aon.
Bob was a Managing Director with Kroll’s Investigations and Disputes practice from 2001-2006, where he was responsible for leading engagements related to corporate investigations, business intelligence, and investigative research. Following his departure, he was appointed Managing Director/Global Practice Leader for the Corporate Investigative & Security Services Group of Aon Consulting. While with Aon, Bob built the firm’s global due diligence, investigations, and security consulting services practices from the ground up. Most recently, he was a Director with Navigant’s Compliance & Investigations practice, where he helped clients address their anti-corruption technology and due diligence needs. Earlier in his career, Bob was a Senior Manager within E&Y’s Litigation Consulting practice, a Special Agent with the FBI, and a practicing litigation attorney.
- Managed hundreds of civil and criminal investigations, including due diligence matters, both domestically and internationally.
- Originated and led numerous complex internal investigations involving embezzlement, kickbacks, intellectual property theft, commercial bribery, harassment, threats, and litigation support matters.
- Managed a team of forensic accountants on a large purchase price dispute litigation matter.
- Led investigations on numerous white-collar criminal cases, including securities fraud, mail and wire fraud, money laundering, embezzlement, telemarketing, and internet fraud matters.
- Frequently speaks on topics involving anti-bribery and corruption, due diligence, investigations, and security.
- Delivers expert testimony in court and before grand juries.
Education and Certifications
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Due Diligence
- Third Party and Vendor Screening
- Corporate Investigations
- Business Intelligence
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Corporate Transaction Due Diligence
- M&A Advisory Services