Kroll Associates UK
Nexus Place, 25 Farringdon Street
Peter Tutton is an Associate Managing Director in the Business Intelligence and Investigations practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, based in the London office. Peter is a qualified accountant with extensive experience in conducting investigations into fraud and regulatory misconduct (including mis-selling, bribery and corruption, and AML compliance) in the financial services sector, both in the UK and overseas.
Prior to joining Kroll, Peter spent 13 years at a Big Four accountancy firm, of which almost 10 years were within the Fraud Investigations team.
- Lead investigator and litigation support advisor for a claim against the former beneficial owners of the largest bank in Ukraine. Coordinated review of evidence and documentation of court submissions for a complex web of transactions in multiple jurisdictions concerning a multibillion-dollar loss perpetrated through a network of offshore shell companies.
- Project management oversight and ownership of high-risk areas of investigation into the collapse of a major Eastern European bank. Areas of responsibility included loan book and transactions review conducted prior to insolvency. Leveraged corporate intelligence services to identify previously undisclosed related parties involved in anomalous activity.
- Project manager at a Swiss private bank, working overseas with domestic and international legal teams to respond to international governmental requests for information about potential non-compliance with tax requirements by account holders.
- Multi-workstream leadership role in a Section 166 review of interest rate hedging products mis-selling at a major UK bank.
- Managed a team in the U.S. as part of an OCC and FRB-directed review into the foreclosure process and practices of a major global bank, following a collapse of the domestic mortgage and housing markets.
- Completion of a six-month secondment at the UK Financial Regulator, working in the Enforcement division in the Retail 1 team, focusing on non-compliance with AML requirements and investment product mis-selling.
- Conducted a detailed look-back review on behalf of the Irish Financial Regulator into the legacy systems, operations and practices concerning significant business customers of a major Irish financial lender, including a detailed investigation into the loan book.
- Involved in anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy implementation and integration for two major UK Banks. Executed fraud framework reviews for two UK financial services organisations.
- Aided completion of a major fraud investigation in a Central Asian National Bank concerning the disappearance of approximately $1 billion.
Education and Certifications
- B.A. (Hons), Financial Economics, University of Liverpool
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE)