Kroll Associates UK
Nexus Place, 25 Farringdon Street
Neil Kirton is the London Office Head and a Managing Director in Kroll’s Business Intelligence and Investigations practice. Neil has a deep understanding of financial and capital markets, and has spent his entire career operating and advising at senior management or board level. He joined Kroll in 2013, having spent 27 years working in the securities industry and investment banking in the City of London.
Neil advises a wide range of clients who could more generally be described as investors. They include corporates, private equity funds, family offices, asset managers, sovereign wealth funds, and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. Frequently these investors are making pre-transactional decisions necessitating information-gathering and advice focused on identifying and managing risk.
During Neil’s City career he held several senior management positions. He was Global Head of Equity Distribution at ABN AMRO Bank NV and a member of ABN AMRO’s Global Equity Directorate. He was Deputy Chief Executive at Hoare Govett, and Head of Corporate Finance and Chief Executive Officer at a London securities house. Additionally, he has been an executive Group Board member of a listed UK bank, and currently serves on the Board of two listed companies.
Neil has managed a number of cases for differing types of investors who are at various stages of information-gathering ahead of key strategic decisions. These include:
- Working with a European family office preparing to acquire a significant stake in a substantial listed corporate.
- Working with and advising a global corporation addressing a sensitive asset closure in an emerging market.
- Working with a medium sized UK plc addressing the emergence of a new disclosable shareholder onto their register.
- Working with a European corporate facing potentially price-sensitive “leak of information” issues in an Asian joint venture negotiation.
- Advising a number of clients (listed and unlisted) on due diligence associated with key board level /senior management appointments.
- Working with a substantial U.S. pre-IPO entity addressing various competitor intelligence and reputation management issues.
- Working with a private equity investor ahead of the acquisition of a fast-growing market-leading business with multijurisdictional operations.