Kroll Associates, Inc.
2 Emerson Lane, Suite 200
Greg Michaels is a Managing Director with Kroll’s Cyber Risk practice, based in the Secaucus office. In this role, Greg partners with clients at the strategic and operational level to build proactive information security programs, helping them to comply with regulatory requirements and minimize enterprise risk. Greg works with clients of all sizes across industries and has deep experience collaborating across functional units and communicating complex technical matters in plain spoken terms to executive stakeholders. Greg has particularly deep experience helping healthcare organizations enhance their security, privacy, and compliance programs, enabling them to navigate the complex regulatory landscape and emerging global threats.
Prior to joining Kroll, Greg worked as Chief Security Officer for BluePrint Healthcare IT, where he led the Security, Privacy, and Compliance practice for more than five years. Earlier in his career, Greg worked as an Information Security Analyst for i3 Global (United Health Group), and as a Network and Security Administrator for PXRE Group, Ltd.
Greg is an active participant in HIMSS, NJ-HIMSS, HFMA, and ISACA, and is a frequent speaker at security and privacy conferences.
Education and Certifications
- M.S., Health & Technology Law, magna cum laude, Seton Hall University School of Law
- M.S., Network Security (Information Assurance), Capitol College
- B.S., Biological Sciences, Rutgers University
- PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Systems Security Certified Professional (SSCP)