Kroll Associates (S) Pte
36 Robinson Road, #09-01, City House
David Klopp is an Associate Managing Director in the Cyber Risk practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, based in the Singapore office. David oversees all digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) casework in the Asia-Pacific region. He has extensive experience leading end-to-end investigations, including data theft, reputational issues, employee misconduct, insider threat and electronic fraud.
Prior to joining Kroll in 2018, David spent nearly six years with JPMorgan Chase in digital forensic investigator and management roles in the United States and Singapore. He most recently led the Asia-Pacific Cybersecurity Digital Forensic Services and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) triage regional teams. Concurrently, he also led the Asia-Pacific Cybersecurity Operations team, responsible for providing onsite leadership to the intelligence, monitoring, response, remediation and assessment functions. In this role, he was a member of the Asia-Pacific Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) regional leadership team.
David began his digital forensics career in U.S.-based law enforcement as a civilian Computer Forensics Analyst in 2003. He transitioned to corporate digital forensic investigations in 2011 as a Senior Technical Investigator with Honeywell. Since 2003, David has completed more than 700 hours of digital forensics and investigations training and currently holds several industry certifications. He is also an active member of leading industry organizations. Before transitioning to digital forensics, David held data network and personal computer support roles for seven years while serving in the United States Air Force and working for Lucent Technologies.
Education and Certifications
- B.S. (Hons.), Information Technology, University of Phoenix
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
- GIAC Certified Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
- Splunk Certified Power User
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- IACIS Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- IACIS Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS)
- CompTIA Network+ Certified
- CompTIA A+ Certified
Affliations and Memberships
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS)
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA); Arizona chapter president, 2011
- SANS/GIAC Advisory Board