Kroll Associates UK
Nexus Place, 25 Farringdon Street
Chris Ives is an Associate Director in Kroll’s Investigations and Disputes practice, based in the London office. Chris has extensive experience in conducting large-scale fraud and money-laundering investigations across multiple jurisdictions.
He has worked on a number of investigations for public and private institutions involving money laundering, fraud, and accounting misstatements. These investigations have involved asset tracing as well as reviewing accounting data and large volumes of documents within an electronic review platform.
Prior to joining Kroll, Chris worked as a Financial Investigator and Intelligence Analyst with Australian law enforcement agencies, specialising in conducting money-laundering investigations.
- Conducted an investigation on behalf of a UK regulator into money-laundering concerns around the funding of a regulated entity. The investigation involved the review of bank data to reconstruct fund flows to identify any issues of concern.
- Member of the team engaged by the Central Bank of Cyprus to investigate money-laundering allegations within a Cypriot bank. Chris developed and implemented an AML/CTF risk assessment methodology across the bank’s customers to support enforcement actions.
- Worked as part of a team investigating alleged accounting misstatements by a large publicly listed entity in the Middle East. The investigation involved the electronic review of millions of documents and resulted in a report to the market regulator and subsequent accounting restatements.
- Worked as part of a team to trace assets to support litigation against principals behind a collapsed bank in Europe.
- Conducted an investigation to support a plaintiff’s successful claim in a $150 million litigation matter in an offshore jurisdiction.
- Executed a data protection audit of a group of hotels on behalf of a major investment bank. The audit involved a comprehensive assessment of data protection policies and their application across hotels in eight countries.
- Reviewed the accounts of a large UK manufacturing firm to identify control weaknesses and losses from potential frauds against the company.
- Member of the Monitorship team in a large multinational bank as part of a US Department of Justice Deferred Prosecution Agreement.
Education & Certifications
- BA, Economics and Political Science, University of Melbourne (Australia)
- Diploma of Applied Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing, International Compliance Association / Australian Financial Markets Association
- Graduate Certificate in Fraud Investigation, La Trobe University (Australia)