Kroll Associates UK
Nexus Place, 25 Farringdon Street
Andrew Beckett is a Managing Director in Kroll’s Cyber Security and Investigations practice, based in the London office. Throughout a distinguished career that has bridged both government service and private enterprise, Andrew has exceled at developing and implementing cyber and information assurance solutions for the most complex of organizational needs. His strong skills in business management, analytics, knowledge management, and project management complement his technical expertise, ensuring a pragmatic approach to the complex cyber-related challenges that companies now face on a daily basis.
Andrew is a former member of GCHQ, where he worked for 10 years, latterly as head of the department responsible for providing cyber security advice to government departments and penetration testing. He also served in the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). This involved being part of the International Civil Service and operating under the auspices of the UN. Andrew went on to run his own commercial consultancies before being selected cyber defense lead for Airbus Defence and Space in the UK.
- Wrote and delivered a paper to an international audience which shaped the collection of intelligence from satellite phones.
- Negotiated intelligence-sharing partnerships with overseas governments.
- Part of a team looking at the introduction of the CLAS scheme (CESG Listed Advisors Scheme). Andrew designed and delivered the original training for the first two intakes of CLAS consultants.
- Served as GCHQ representative on numerous Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) committees and pan-government boards.
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
Andrew was the first head of the Office of Confidentiality and Security (OCS) as part of the Director General’s office. This role was effectively a Chief Security Officer role for an international organization dealing with sensitive information relating to the storage and destruction of chemical weapons and the monitoring of precursor substances.
- Amalgamated three disparate teams to form a single entity responsible for physical, personnel, and information security.
- Established an ISMS for the organization and oversaw a successful external audit by an international team of experts including two contributory authors to the ISO27001 standard and the International President of ISACA.
- Managed security response to 9/11 and liaised with Dutch Military, police and Foreign Ministry regarding local security for the headquarters and laboratory sites and with the UN in New York.
Airbus Defence and Space
Among Andrew’s notable successes was the establishment of a cyber incident response team which was selected as one of only four teams authorized to undertake incident response on behalf of UK government departments and the Critical National Infrastructure during the pilot phase of this new industrial partnership. Andrew has also led technical pre-sales teams in the Middle East and North America and has been a member of a UK Trade & Investment Cyber Trade Delegation to the UAE. Andrew was the Airbus representative at several trade bodies, including Defence Cyber Protection Partnership, UK Cyber Security Challenge Advisory Board, Intellect, Cyber Security Information Sharing Partnership, Ethical Security Testers, and e-Skills Apprenticeship Council.
Education and Certifications
- CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS) Member (10 years’ experience)
- Certified PRINCE2 Practitioner
- CRAMM Risk Assessment Registered Practitioner
- ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor
Affiliations and Memberships