Enlist Experienced Responders to Handle the Entire Security Incident Lifecycle
Kroll Cyber Risk experts respond to over 1,000 security events every year. We manage incidents of all types, complexity and severity for organizations across diverse industries. You can count on Kroll’s unique frontline experience not only in a crisis, but also for proactive planning and mitigation strategies. We are among the top service providers preferred by major cyber insurance companies and offer client-friendly incident response retainers for peace of mind.
Fast and Efficient Deployment via Onsite and Remote Incident Response Capabilities
Whether your incident is the result of a malicious hacker or accidental exposure by an employee, Kroll can help now. Our global network of certified security and digital forensic experts can deploy remote solutions quickly and/or be onsite within hours to help you contain the situation and determine next steps.
Kroll is a leading provider of end-to-end cybersecurity, digital forensics and breach response services, and will help you make informed decisions at every stage, from proactive preparation to consumer notification and remediation. Our goal, working alongside your counsel and insurance carrier, is to smoothly guide you to recovery — one that leaves you standing in the best defensible position, reputation intact, and where business can proceed with minimal disruption.
- Business Email Compromise and Wire Fraud
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
- Malware, Keyloggers, and Backdoors
- Payment Card Fraud (PCI/PFI)
- Insider Threats and Accidental Data Loss
- Third Party and Vendor-Related Risks
- Cryptocurrency Theft
- Targeted Intellectual Property Theft
- Web Application Attacks and Password Theft
Kroll Offers a Continuum of Services for the Multifaceted Nature of Incident Response
- Incident Response Preparation and Prevention: Enhance your organization’s ability to respond to cyberattacks with Kroll’s wide range of assessments, tabletop exercises, and intelligence.
- Intelligent Endpoint Detection and Response: Employing a powerful combination of technology and people, this sophisticated solution enables you to detect and respond swiftly to credible threats.
- CyberDetectER® DarkWeb Search and Monitoring: Using our proprietary technology and unprecedented data stores, Kroll continuously monitors the deep and dark web to help clients ascertain and respond to data exposures.
- Data Collection and Preservation: In the event of an investigation or litigation, Kroll offers cost-effective solutions to identify, isolate and preserve electronic data using forensically sound methodologies.
- Data Recovery and Forensic Analysis: Kroll’s investigators are among the most knowledgeable subject matter experts practicing today; whether data was intentionally deleted or manipulated, they are able to analyze the clues left behind to quickly and defensively uncover critical information.
- Malware and Advanced Persistent Threat Analysis and Remediation: Kroll’s forensic experts analyze malware to determine how it works and identify the scope of impact on your systems.
- PHI and PII Identification: By providing you with a master notification list that clearly identifies the types of PHI or PII involved, we can help you avoid costly over-notification while still delivering targeted messages and remediation services to those affected.
- Data Breach Notification and Remediation Services: Protect your brand and reestablish trust with the individuals impacted by a data loss by matching the response to the harm caused by a breach.
Benefit From Client-Friendly Incident Response Retainers
- Includes proactive and reactive services
- No loss of money at end of term
- No required use of Kroll tools or applications
- No automatic renewals or price accelerations
- Includes data response services that are core Kroll capabilities (e.g., Notification, Call Center, Monitoring and Consumer Restoration)
- Key cyber insurance relationships, including some of the biggest underwriters in the world
Kroll in Action
Containment and Remediation of Cyberattack That Compromised Personally Identifying Information (PII)
Client: Major Company in U.S. Transportation Industry
The client contacted Kroll late on a Friday afternoon that it had suffered a cyberattack. The organization, which served a large national and international clientele, needed to contain and remediate the incident. It also would need to notify persons whose PII had been compromised and report the incident to regulators.
HOW KROLL RESOLVED THE PROBLEM
Kroll deployed a response within two hours and had personnel onsite at the client’s headquarters by the next morning. The team eventually scaled from two investigators to 12 within 48 hours over the weekend.
We launched our CyberDetectER® Endpoint solution to rapidly determine the incident’s scope and to conduct forensic analysis.
Upon identifying specific indicators of compromise (IOCs), we were able to eradicate the actor and establish containment; we also provided ongoing monitoring of the containment strategy to help assure effectiveness.
We created a disposition matrix, whereby we cross-referenced compromised machines with compromised individuals’ data.
Our investigators were able to restore the client’s system with minimal disruption to its operations. Additionally, the findings of our disposition matrix enabled the client to refine its notification list with pinpoint accuracy. Consequently, instead of implementing costly blanket notification (which also often generates intense media coverage), the client was able to notify and address the concerns of a much smaller subset of affected persons. The client ultimately not only dramatically reduced its notification and remediation costs, but also was able to provide regulators with precise details of the incident’s scope and effects.
Fortify Your Response Capabilities
Threats are growing in volume and sophistication and come from multiple directions. Leverage the frontline experience of our incident response and digital forensics team for multifaceted and confident response anywhere, anytime.