Kroll originated the concept of the modern, independent internal investigation. Our work product — timely, thoroughly vetted intelligence on a range of critical matters — is the standard in the industry.
Every day, our clients with concerns about fraud, IP theft, financial improprieties, corruption, bribery, counterfeiting, workplace violence and the threat of cybercrime or data breaches ask us to assist them in finding answers to these questions: “What happened?”, “Who is responsible?” and “Are we at risk?”.
Organizations and their counsel turn to Kroll because of our ability to find answers to these and other questions. Using our investigative and analytic skills, our expert teams can quickly develop an investigative strategy and a plan designed to identify sources of information and responsibility for wrongdoing. Kroll’s expert teams can move swiftly and effectively to find facts, recover losses and mitigate risk. We count among our clients the world’s leading businesses, their boards of directors, law firms, multinational banks, investment firms, educational institutions, non-profit organizations and government entities.
Kroll frequently conducts corporate investigations for clients who have self-reported or are working cooperatively with government agencies, with the approval and support of those agencies. We work closely with our clients’ senior management and legal counsel during all phases of an internal investigation. Our findings and reports have enabled clients to resolve official inquiries, address corporate crises and report to shareholders and other interested parties.
Kroll’s global investigative teams are comprised of former prosecutors and law enforcement professionals, forensic accountants, cyber security investigators, computer forensic specialists and intelligence analysts, among others. Kroll’s internal investigations are led by senior professionals with extensive experience managing complex, multidisciplinary investigations to ensure the likelihood of identifying and reporting all of the salient facts in an independent, lawful and ethical manner.
Clients have engaged Kroll to conduct investigations involving:
- Allegations of legal and regulatory violations, including the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and OFAC sanctions
- Auditor independence issues
- Cyber security breaches, hacking and data loss or theft
- Employment matters, including misrepresentations, discrimination, violations of civil rights and sexual misconduct
- Financial misconduct, such as:
- Vendor fraud
- Self-dealing and undisclosed relationships
- Accounting violations and irregularities
- Money laundering
- Human rights-related accusations
- IP infringement, theft and loss
- Product counterfeiting, diversion and piracy
- Whistleblower, integrity hotline and anonymous allegations