Webinar: Next Generation Data Breach Response: Preparing Your C-Suite and Board
Live online December 8th, 2016 │60 mins
In today’s complex and ever-changing security landscape, every C-Suite and Board knows of cyber risk, but what does it really mean to be prepared to respond to a data breach incident? Top executives do not have to become cyber security experts, but they must make sure their organization’s breach response plans and strategies are defined and set. While they will not directly lead technical, legal and notification efforts to address data breaches, they do need to act as internal champions of proper planning and prevention.
Identifying and closing security gaps, directing communication channels, and developing and regularly testing incident response plans are as important now as managing any other business risk or concern. Therefore, company leadership must take charge and direct their organizations to conduct extensive preparation efforts to mitigate those risks and make certain everyone stands ready to execute against the established procedures and policies when a breach occurs.
In this webinar, you will hear from experts who have been on the inside and outside of data breach response efforts. You will learn:
- Why the C-Suite and Board need to champion planning and prevention efforts.
- How to get Executive buy-in.
- Ways to build stronger response structures from the top.
- How to construct response architectures. Who needs to be responsible for what?
- Cyber Risk – What are the latest threats and what does the C-Suite and Board need to understand?
- Developing and directing an Incident Response Plan: Where do the C-Suite and Board fit in?
- Examples our experts have seen – the good and the bad
- Nick Oldham, Counsel, King & Spalding
- Andy Palmer, Vice President of Compliance Monitoring, Rite Aid
- Brian Lapidus, Managing Director, Kroll
Timezone for the Webinar:
- 1:00 PM Eastern
- 12:00 PM Central
- 10:00 AM Pacific
- Chicago or after on demand
- 60 minutes
Click the ATTEND