Senior Associate, Investigations & Disputes Practice – Tokyo
August 30, 2017
As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for conducting research and analysis, structuring projects and managing resources and preparing conclusions for clients.
Investigations & Disputes Practice Overview
Kroll’s Investigations & Disputes (“I&D”) practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll’s I&D practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals which include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners.
Summary of Position
As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for conducting research and analysis, structuring projects and managing resources and preparing conclusions for clients. This role requires an imaginative and creative thinker with the ability to work to tight deadlines often balancing a significant and varied caseload.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support case managers to conduct in depth investigative & intelligence research by gathering various data and information
- Data exploration - gather various data and information and verifying the credibility and quality of the information/data/sources
- Analyzing information, drawing implications for clients/senior management
- Produce accurate, high quality client reports
- Take ownership of project and deliverables
- Efficient review and interpretation of budgeting
- Contribute to the development of new opportunities and clients
- Coordinating research and working closely with team members in other Kroll offices
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with a recognized professional/financial services or investigative firm
- Investigative journalism or in-house investigation experience
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information
- Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in a haystack”
- Ability to drive forward and coordinate concurrent projects and tasks and managing competing demands
- Managerial-level report writing skills
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving
- Strong team, project and client management experience
- Fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in Japanese
- Flexible team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
A key interest in business strategy, global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential due to the range of cases that will be handled across various industry-sectors.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations, and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services. Headquartered in New York with more than 35 offices in 20 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of nearly 1,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies and individuals.
For more information visit kroll.com
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be all inclusive lists of responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with a job. While the job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs as it deems necessary.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae stating your current and expected salary by e-mail to [email protected] quoting reference SA-ID-TK.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Applicants who are not contacted within six weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.