Associate, Investigations & Disputes – Shanghai
August 30, 2017
The Associate will be responsible for developing, producing and supporting the research and investigative work that forms the basis for case production.
Investigations & Disputes Practice Overview
Kroll’s Investigations & Disputes (“I&D”) practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal investigation, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll’s I&D practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners.
Summary of Position
As an Associate within the Investigations & Disputes practice, you are required to support case managers to conduct in-depth investigative & intelligence due diligence research, manage cases from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research (‘Desktop Research’) into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals.
Our Associates’ work enables our clients to make informed, strategic decisions that have a huge impact on their organisations. As a result, we place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conducting extensive primary and secondary web-based research
- Identifying relevant information and developing useful insights into research subjects
- Writing and editing of research reports for client use
- Tracking progress and ensuring timely completion of cases
- Contacting the client as required by supervisor
- Confirming the accuracy, logic and overall quality of research reports
- Take ownership of project and deliverables
- Coordinating research and working closely with team members in other Kroll offices
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- Commercial experience preferably 1-3 years’ experience gained from a research-related field
- Ability to communicate with a high level of fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Proven ability to perform all methods of research, including desktop research and analysis from primary and secondary sources
- Strong understanding and developed interest in Asian politics and current affairs
- Excellent reports writing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information
- Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in a haystack”
- Flexible team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
A key interest in business strategy, global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential due to the range of cases that will be handled across various industry-sectors.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations, and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services. Headquartered in New York with more than 35 offices in 20 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of nearly 1,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies and individuals.
For more information visit kroll.com
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be all inclusive lists of responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with a job. While the job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs as it deems necessary.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae stating your current and expected salary by e-mail to [email protected] quoting reference A-ID-SH.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Applicants who are not contacted within six weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.